- It is located in Al-Sharkia governorate, northeast of Zagazig and the western Ismailia governorate, on the Kassasin Port Said road.
The Decree of the President of the Republic issued No. 318 for the year 2000 to transfer the subordination of the urban bloc to the new city of Salhia from the Arab Contractors Company to the New Urban Communities Authority.
Area and population:
· The total area of the city is 1617 acres.
· The population is 18,968 people, according to the actual census of 2006.
· The city accommodates about 70 thousand people.
The city includes two industrial areas:
· The first industrial zone: on an area of 335 acres, and its industrial lands have been completely allocated.
· The second industrial zone: on an area of 368 acres, a portion of this zone has been allocated, and there are 185 industrial plots left that have not been allocated in an area of 239223 m2.
Service areas of the city:
· The city includes different service areas for practicing all service activities distributed to all residential neighborhoods and industrial areas.
· The total area of service areas is 158.5 acres.
· Allocated and built various service projects on an area of 66 acres.
The number of implemented housing units is 5555 units, as follows:
· 3974 units owned by the City Authority of the Arab Contractors Company and the Housing and reconstruction Bank.
· 626 owned by city agency
· 955 private sector
· 714 plots of national housing plot (Build Your Home Project) are being planned on an area of 53.7 acres.